Complete the steps described in the rest of this page, and in about two minutes you'll have a bot managing your funds on the Bitfinex exchange. You will need to provide our web application with API Keys so we have lending access to your account on Bitfinex and we can automate the lending process. In the following steps, you will (1) create an account at marcopolobot, (2) create API keys on Bitfinex and (3) enter the API keys in Marcopolobot.
To run this quickstart, you'll need:
- A Bitfinex account
- Funds in your funding wallet on Bitfinex
- Access to the internet and a web browser.
Click the button below to sign up.
Follow the steps below to generate a new pair of API tokens. If you already have an existing pair of API keys, please generate a new pair of API keys to avoid problems if you have bots running elsewhere.
- Navigate to Bitfinex and sign in to your account.
- After succesfully logging in, hover over the (Account) button on the top right of your screen, and click on API.
- Click on Create New Key.
- Enable Margin Funding Write Permission by toggling the respective checkbox. Make sure wallet and margin funding have read permission, like in the following image:
Make sure that no other checkboxes that have write capabilities are enabled. We only require margin funding capabilities and we strongly advise against sharing an API key that has trading or withdrawing capabilities with any other party.
- Check your email for an email called "Action required: Create API key" and click on "CREATE API KEY".
- Make sure to store the API key and API secret. You'll need it in step 3 and you won't be able to access it again later.
- Log in to Marcopolobot.com.
- Click on Connect to Bitfinex .
- Copy-paste the API key and the API Secret that you just created in step two and press Submit.
- Navigate to a currency in the sidebar and activate lending.
Let us know if it worked! If you need any help after reading this quickstart contact us via the chat app on the lower right of your screen or send an e-mail to email@example.com.